Saturday, August 8, 2009

Safe in Nicaragua




Here are a few more pics from the Costa Rica adventure. Steven and I arrived safely from Costa Rica to the Amigos for Christ house in Chinandega, Nicaragua. We took one of the local buses and I was really nervous about the trip, but we ended up being surrounded by a group of kids that had just finished serving with the same organization, Amigos! I couldn't believe it- I was also reading and I found the scripture "The Lord will guard you as you come and go, both now and forever." -Psalm 121:8. I felt at ease, even when we spent almost 3 hours waiting at the border to process our paperwork. There were so many times in Costa Rica that I felt more vulnerable than I ever had, just at the mercy of the kindness of others. Backpacking was an amazing adventure and I am so glad to have good friends to share the experience with.

No comments:

Post a Comment